Monday, July 18, 2011

I know, I know.

I haven't blogged in a month. I suck. But lemme break it down for you.

I started feeling sick a few months back, like I did when I had gastroparesis in '08. I kept getting more and more nauseous. My symptoms matched that of Celiac disease. So I left DC around the 18th to get tested.

June 23rd: The celiac test was negative and I was diagnosed with IBS. (Irritable Bowel Syndrome). Pretty name, huh? Now we're at 4 pills a day.

June 25th: Kerry O's party, which you may have seen in the previous post.

June 27th: Back in DC.

June 29th: Rushed to Patient First because my throat was literally killing me. *Strep* Now we're at 7 pills a day.

July 4th: *Strep* was better, I felt okay, and spent a few lovely days batting my eyelashes.

July 8th: IUP for Mini Camp


ew stick heights.

July 9th: Woke up with the *Strep* again & went to the Walk-in Clinic on Oakland. Got more antibiotics and steroids. Now we're at 6 pills a day. Side note: Never go to the Walk-in Clinic. The doctor is a creep.

July 10th: Body reacts to the new antibiotic poorly. Combined with stress. Not good.

On the upside, I was at work last week. On the downside, I missed the entire Folklife Festival. I don't want to talk about it. Everyone else at work does. Which is understandable.

So, where am I now?

Home again. Had to go to... yep, you guessed it. doctors appointments.

Right now, I am doubting whether I have gluten intolerance. I may, so I've been gluten free for about 3 weeks. It's rough. And I have to go dairy-free for the IBS. Luckily, I was already vegetarian. So I'm now a vegan who eats egg whites.

This may be the new blog I start writing next year... Gluten-free, Dairy-free, and a College Student.

I will do a blog on what it means to have IBS later, with a disclaimer of course. 

No comments:

Post a Comment