Sunday, June 12, 2011

Intern Shenanigans. Part 1.

Get ready for a bunch of blogs to just BAM, slap you in the face. Cause I've done a lot this week, none of which I have told you... So I am going to compartmentalize and do short posts for little series of events. :).

These are a couple things we interns have been up to in and outside of the office the last few weeks...

1. Truckeroo

I learned about this pretty neat event somewhere online, and let a few interns know. Soon, I was asked to e-mail the entire intern crew for the office so we could take a field trip. I didn't think there would be that much interest. As great as I think food trucks are, would a bunch of people really want to take a Metro trip to fight crowds and lines to get to the food truck of their choice? It turns out, there was. About 15 people accompanied me to Truckeroo, and had the lovely experience of seeing all the food trucks in one place, at one time. It was pretty ridiculous. I earned a new nickname of sorts: tour guide.

Now, I am planning some other intern quickie trips in the future. So, keep your eye out for Intern Shenanigans. posts.


2. My intern friend, Meagan, and I were involved in the SI celebration of Earth Day. We did a take on a Flash Mob in the Sant Ocean Hall in NMNH and called it a Splash Mob. Everyone was supposed to wear blue, do this dance which included snorkeling and swimming gestures, and eventually do the wave. The video was made to raise awareness for Ocean Day.

You can check us out at 1:14 in this video. We are officially SI famous.

World Ocean Day 2011 'Splash' Mob | The Ocean Portal | Smithsonian Institution

Peace, Love, and Shoes. Raj

No comments:

Post a Comment