Tuesday, June 7, 2011

The United States Botanic Garden

The entire time I checked out the Botanic Garden today, I was reminded of Kerry & Tim.

It's in the middle of this huge city of chaos. Taxis, buses, those guys driving people (such as the Buddhist monks I saw today) around by bike. Not to mention the fact that it's in front of the Capitol. Yet, it's so calm, serene, and stable. Every plant and animal among the nature that inhabits the garden is the paragon for the plants and animals of it's kind across the nation. Carefully tended to and surrounded by streams and ponds creating hope in the middle of the city pandemonium.




I also stopped by the Grotto at the Summerhouse on the West Lawn. It's like a little, well, grotto, that you can see through a small grate within the Summerhouse, a hexagonal brick building with seating, shade, and water fountains inside. It's like Narnia. You peek through the closet of an exterior to discover this treasure of a place. Clearly, it is under-appreciated by the lack of good photos on googleimages.

1 comment:

  1. Rajy, you seem to be reminded of me and Screw a lot! lol. Good thing we will be seeing you semi-soon!! :)

    p.s. I'm trying to figure out when I can come for a visit.

    ReplyDelete