Thursday, May 19, 2011

Adventurous.

Yesterday.

I went to a cute little Vegetarian place called Maoz... check it out here
It serves falafel. Which are delicious. I daresay it was better than the falafel we had in the sketchy place next door to Wombats in Vienna. Maybe.

My work buddy Sujana and I hopped back to the Metro station, and this dude approaches us. Tiny little Hispanic dude. He starts speaking, well trying to speak, really. He is confused, and needs to get to Ballston. Then, he looks at me... "Hablas EspaƱol?" So we start this conversation, and I help him figure some stuff out. Sujana has no idea I speak Spanish, and is wide-eyed, staring at me. Dude keeps talking, gets on the train, keeps talking, gets off the train, keeps talking. Asking me... "Will you teach me Spanish? I will pay. On the weekends?"... "No, sorry. I have to get a job."... "Mentiras! Mentiras!" (Lies, Lies)... We get on different lines in a few stops.

Started out awesome... got creepy towards the end.

Today.

The Food Truck Cult here in DC is a riot. There are so, so many. Anything you could want.

I've had Ethiopian food. It comes with this spongy bread that you are supposed to use as a fork. I've also had a Red Velvet Cupcake from Curbside Cupcakes. Delish!

OK. Goin' out.

Miss you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment