Saturday, May 21, 2011

Love games.

The single life in DC is less than desirable. Probs because I am the only frickin' single person I know.

Ok. Total Exaggeration.

BUT. It really is a swirl of love everywhere around me. For example.

1. I am the only one I have seen sit on the National Mall and eat lunch without that special someone.

2. Business couples meet up on lunch break and peruse museums sometimes. I've seen this.

3. The Metro is infested. There was this one lady today who just leaned all over her boyfriend instead of using a rail or pole like a smart person. She was falling all over the place. Idiot.

4. It's impossible to buy food anywhere by yourself. Even at food trucks. Friggin' food trucks. People automatically assume you are waiting for your bf/gf.

5. This is not a putmyarmaroundyou city. This is a I-wanna-hold-your-hand city. (BTW the Beatles played their first show in North America in a warehouse around the corner from my house. No lie. Be jealous). It's like this hand-holding thing will never be broken. Everyone is attached to everyone by a hand. So I carry a lunchbox in one hand and a water bottle in the other.

OK. So with all this magical, mystical, lovely air, it's easy to get bitter and pissed off. And roll my eyes.

But then I think of every couple as Tim Screw and Kerry O, and it melts into a smile.

Because, really. I'm in DC for the summer. Who really gives a rat's behind about my relationship status.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment