Saturday, May 21, 2011

Asian Persuasion. Polynesian Attitude.

Yesterday.

I went to a Documentary viewing at the National Museum of the American Indian. w00t. Great museum. You should go. Now. At the start of their Hawai'i Festival, they did this Dinner & a Movie event. It was lovely. I met this native Hawaiian, Táke, and we saw the story of Mau, a Wayfinder. These types of navigators use the stars, wind, and subtle nuances of the ocean to find their way to their destination.

Today.

I went back to the NMAI and saw some ukulele playing, hula dancing, and modern Hawaiian dance. It was rad. I thought of Sarah Hann the entire time.

Then, I went to the Asian Festival happening this weekend. Fried Plantains. Yum. And Music. Lots of music. And an old white dude trying to learn asian dancing. Cute! And some famous Japanese chef teaching me about the importance of fish sauce. LOL. I never knew.


Megan Hall Alert. I am joining the Ukulele Club in DC. :D

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a darn cool day! How often do you eat ' exotic' food?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha. Yep. It's everywhere around here. I've been eating plantains since I was a kid though.

    ReplyDelete